For the last week I have been besieged with one of the worst migraines I have had in quite a while (and that's saying something when you have 24/7 migraines that generally hover around a five on the pain scale). I have tried so hard to keep up with the blogging challenges in spite of this and find it quite ironic that the one I missed due to pain was the one on comfort measures.
So here goes, as they say "a day late and a dollar shy (or in my case a brain cell shy!):
Yes, I have 37 ice packs and heating wraps, not to count the ever present box of Migraine BeKool Pads! When I am suffering a bad migraine, I tend to look like some kind of mummy who has literally wrapped my head and neck in all sorts of therapeutic wraps!
In addition to the use of ice for my head and heat for my neck and shoulders, my primary comfort measures are:
- Texting friends to ask them to pray for me
- Going to Prayers for Migraineurs Facebook page (We'd love to have you join us, but you'll have to request to join since we are a closed group. Click here)
- Cuddling up with Marlie and Milo, my precious fur babies
- Wrapping up in my favorite quilt (with the air conditioner on high)
- Listening to quiet and inspiring songs which help me to focus on the hope I have in the Lord
- Drinking a coke (true confession!)
Oh, and did I mention ice packs??
National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger’s Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com.